Sewer Lift Station Mechanic
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
- The Mechanic will be for a sewer lift station and will perform and assist in the performance of preventive and corrective maintenance on mechanical and electro-mechanical machinery and equipment
- Performs or assists in the replacement of bearings in motors, pumps or other equipment
- Tightens and adjusts chains
- Removes and installs new or existing equipment or machinery
- Operates hoists, lifts and machinery
- Chips and paints
- Operates emergency power generation equipment
- Performs plumbing and pipefitting tasks as required
- Assists in keeping maintenance records
- Maintains and operates computer maintenance management system as required
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some trade school education with an emphasis on electrical and mechanical equipment and metal fabrication
- Knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, farm machinery, pumps and equipment used in and around water/wastewater systems
- Ability to learn maintenance computer skills within 6 months
- Knowledge of combustion engines and electric motors and safety principles and practices
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a background in electrical trouble shooting, have basic skills in electrical and should be able to but not limited to removal and replacement of electrical components, repair of components and the ability to trace and track down problems.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.