Senior Telecommunications Systems Engineer 188363
Portland, OR 97201 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
We're looking for a Senior Telecommunications Systems Engineer who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our client's business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities (multiple U.S. remote office locations will be considered). Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll thrive as you provide telecommunications systems design documentation for our client’s advanced facilities which, in turn shape our world.
This position will provide leadership opportunities within our group of telecom design staff. You will act as a telecom discipline lead working in conjunction with design staff to produce design packages for our client’s complex facilities. You will also have opportunities to mentor those around you as you perform internal design QA’s and seal construction document packages with your PE stamp. Additionally, you will interface directly with our client counterparts as necessary to coordinate the design for these purpose-built facilities. These designs will leverage all your experience in everything from Outside Plant (OSP) to inter / intra-building backbone distribution systems, communication room layouts, rack elevations, wired & wireless device infrastructure, detailing, cable scheduling and more.
With our business group having all (9) primary disciplines (C,S,A,M,E,P,T,I,L) required for most of our projects under a single Jacobs virtual “roof”, you will find that cross-discipline coordination of all types becomes greatly streamlined. This helps facilitate projects to be issued in some of the most advanced 3D BIM delivery methods being used today. Coupling this advanced delivery with complex domestic and global projects, with team members from all over the world makes every day truly unique.
Bring your experience, collaboration skills, talent for multi-tasking and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Qualifications - External
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in telecommunications design and construction industry
- structured cabling design experience and experience producing construction documents
- At least 5 years of experience leading a telecommunications design team
- BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Services International) RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) credential
- Extensive knowledge and application of NFPA 70 (NEC) as applicable to telecommunications design requirements
- Extensive knowledge & application of telecommunications industry association (TIA) standards
- Experience editing design and construction specifications
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of telecommunications systems
- Experience estimating and scheduling design efforts for multi-building projects with multiple phases
- Experience in providing Quality Assurance and checking telecommunications systems designed by others
- Conversational knowledge of Revit and Navisworks design software platforms
- Proficiency with Bluebeam
- Effective communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Professional Engineer license in: CA, OH, OR, TX and/or WY
- At least 6 years of telecommunications design experience in semiconductor, data center, or other high-tech facilities
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and design experience with emergency responder radio, DAS, Wi-Fi, paging, intercom, and audio-visual systems
- Knowledge of telecom infrastructure for control systems
- Other certifications:
- BICSIDCDC (Data Center Design Consultant)
- BICSI OSP (Outside Plant)
- BICSI RTPM (Registered Telecommunications Project Manager)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.