Senior Technical Writer
Shelton, CT 06484
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring a Senior Technical Writer
- The Senior Technical Writer will support the Technical Publications team in development of US Air Force Combat Rescue Helicopter Program O-level Maintenance Technical Manual.
- The primary duties will be to observe performance and perform quality inspections of supplier generated procedures and tasks.
- May also be asked to author maintenance technical content in S1000D Version 4.0.1.
- Manages offload to suppliers and verifies quality of publications, referring to technical specifications and engineering drawings.
- Manages the preparation of text, line art, wiring diagrams and charts verifying they conform to specifications.
- May manage, direct, writing/offload effort of technical manual projects and must be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acts as subject matter expert for projects in Avionics, Electrical, Airframe, Powerplant, Fuel, Powertrain, and Flight controls.
- Assist in development of deliverables to support using processes and procedures.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to ensure quality of final documents.
- 3-5 years of proven skills/experience.
- A&P license or military aviation maintenance experience is desired.
- Knowledge of S1000D Version 4 or later.
- Knowledge of XML/SGML languages.
- Familiar with authoring tools such as SDL Content@.
- Familiar with common business tool such as Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with Engineering drawings and models with ability to convey into maintenance manual graphics.
- Possess technical experience ideally in the helicopter or aerospace industry
- Working knowledge of ACE/Six Sigma tools set, especially Relentless Root Cause Analysis.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects of varied size and scope.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email