Senior Supply Chain Manager
Hollister, CA 95023
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Senior Supply Chain Manager
The company is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, the company’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
The company employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Their team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers in a culture rooted in continuous improvement.
The division makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, they provide leading-edge materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, their associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every Time. They enable success for innumerable missions daily, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principle owner of company Materials Planning processes.
- Establish and drive key performance metrics relevant to planning and supply chain continuity related to the demand forecast
- Establish and drive supply chain, inventory, and material metrics
- Develop and oversee Supplier Quality initiatives across multiple sites to include supplier scorecard system
- Act as the company Sourcing Strategy Champion
- Develop and lead negotiation strategies with suppliers and establish contractual agreements to include favorable terms and conditions and improved supplier performance
- Principle owner responsible for driving/implementing collaborative materials process improvements between planners and buyers to support business goals with emphasis on supplier management, supplier improvement, inventory management, continuity of supply to support the manufacturing floor.
- Lead cost-down efforts for commodities; Achieve aggressive cost reduction targets annually. Drive funnel establishments to meet annual goals.
- Ensure compliance to all accounting, legal, and government regulations
- Lead supplier selection, development and strategic supplier management, ensuring that the supplier qualification process is followed
- Provide cross-functional planning, materials and sourcing expertise and leadership across manufacturing, sales, and engineering teams.
- Work closely with other planning /sourcing/material groups and management within the parent company to implement and receive benefits of best practices.
- Build organizational capabilities and acumen among planning and supply chain team across each building and department
- Responsible for professional development and team building. Coach and mentor present and future leaders of the Planning and Supply chain organization.
- Management multi-site sourcing strategies around direct and indirect spend
- BS/BA Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related major required.
- Lean manufacturing experience / TPS or Six Sigma trained; strong process mind set.
- 10+ years in materials management, purchasing, and supply chain or related fields.
- Proven experience and track record in implementing and sustaining Kanban systems is a must Lean Manufacturing training and experience
- Experience in planning low volume/high complexity production lines
- Strong Leadership skills. Able to build teams and build consensus.
- Excellent negotiation skills (including contract negotiation) with proven performance in a sourcing environment
- Project management planning and tracking
- Data manipulation – must be well versed in large data manipulation to provide direction to team on analyzing spend, and assessing inventory
- 5+ years prior management experience required
- Materials Management Experience (must have managed materials planners for minimum 3 years)
- Understanding of contractual programs and government job planning a plus.
- APICS CPIM certification (plus)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.