Senior Software Developer
Berlin, CT 06037
This is a direct hire position
Data Based Development Systems is hiring a Senior Software Developer
Our client in Berlin, CT is seeking an individual to join its team as a full-time Senior Software Developer. Whether you’re a strong individual contributor or a development team leader, we’re looking for an experienced developer who can hit the ground running on a wide variety of projects. New code is primarily written in Scala, a functional programming language on the JVM, but projects may involve many different technologies and programming languages. Candidates should be fluent in one or more modern technology stacks common in Web development with the ability to learn new technologies quickly. There is tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth, and autonomy for the right candidate. It is important that this individual has a background and proven track record in development as part of a team. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Corporate office located in Connecticut.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile Development Team and working with our Client Management Team and sometimes clients to outline requirements, come up with creative solutions, and develop great software
- Leading the planning, development, testing and deployment of client projects
- Writing well documented, functional code to develop advanced, secure web applications
- Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge
- Training and developing junior staff members
- Utilizing client’s project management platform to communicate project progress and complete assignments on schedule
- Experience with leading and training junior development staff.
- Mastery of SQL and relational databases.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming (OOP) best practices.
- Expert-level experience with source control tools (git)
- Some familiarity with Linux server administration.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly.
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity.
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of security best practices in Web software.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII and PCI standards a significant plus.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with multiple languages and the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with different software stacks
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time. US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates currently.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.