Senior Mechanical Engineer
New Orleans, LA 70112
This is a direct hire position
- The Engineer will review, approve, and implement mechanical engineering standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide technical engineering input (as required) for estimating and bid proposal requirements.
- Direct and monitor personnel activities and assignments within the engineering area.
- Provide interpretations of all external codes, regulations, specifications, and the like.
- Provide value engineering direction for company engineering activities.
- Manage and direct outside consultants to develop engineering documents
- Direct interaction with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 10+ years’ experience in mechanical commercial construction and Project Manager experience.
- PE License required
- Design capability of HVAC and Plumbing Systems with some supervision as well as proficiency with AutoCAD/Revit for drawing generation
- Must also be versed in ASHRAE standards and building code requirements of Commercial and Institutional buildings.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills essential.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."