Senior HR Business Partner
Grants, NM 87020 US
This position carries out responsibilities in the following key areas: employee relations, performance management, policy updates, implementation and compliance, and talent acquisition and on-boarding. Overall, this position ensures the proper balance between business objectives and employee needs.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
- Partner and consult in the development, implementation and integration of HR strategies, programs, processes, policies, and procedures for mine site.
- Work as a business partner with management, as they develop / consider HR strategies to result in specific plans and processes that add value to the business.
- Facilitate employee related situations for the salaried workforce including focus groups, presentations, employee performance management process and issues.
- Oversee and facilitate training related to “Respect in the Workplace”, HR Best Practices, Compliance and Policies etc.
- Direct employee relations investigations as necessary and make recommendations for action based on those investigations.
- Serve as a coach to supervisors and managers regarding employee relations issues.
- Ensure compliance with all employment policies, rules, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure corporate policies and guidelines are kept up to date and reviewed by the Legal Department including the Twenty Mile Employee Handbook.
- Lead/Participate in HR related projects including Flexible Workforce options, FLSA audit, I-9 audit, drug & alcohol random testing, salary classification compliance and training and the update of corporate handbook project.
- Assist in providing overall strategic support for the client recruitment activities by involvement in design and branding messages of career website.
- Assist in developing best practices consistent with our employee value proposition to attract, engage and retain key talent.
- Become Learning and Development certified and partner with internal resources to provide interview strategy and skills to mine leaders.
- Provide support in fulfilling strategic recruitment and PR activities by attending professional networking events to source candidates for future hire.
- Non-union site
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years experience
- Prior work in HR role in either the Mining Industry or Oil & Gas Industry
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM preferred
- 5+ years progressive HR experience in a large multinational organization
- Working knowledge of relevant employment laws and policies
- Must be a strategic thinker that critically evaluates and clearly synthesizes information and anticipates the implications of decisions.
- Ability to gather information and synthesize key facts/points into a summary with clear storyline.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities, with solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple functional areas.
- Capable of independent actions, within the limitations of general instructions, company policies and acceptable management standards
- Must have sensitivity and appreciation for cultural differences.
- Demonstrated experience in handling challenging issues in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Looks at situations/issues holistically to see what else might be impacted or need attention once plan of action to address situation/issue is implemented.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to business and management changes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Power point
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may include prolonged sitting or standing.
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office environment.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or movements of the wrists, hands.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.