Senior Construction Inspector
Atlanta, GA 30350
- The Senior Inspector will be responsible for advanced level technical work supporting engineers in functional areas of structure and roadway construction inspection; materials sampling, inspection and testing.
- Work usually involves a wide range of decision making and use of judgement and would normally include providing work direction to others.
- Employees may function as lead project inspectors conducting independent complex inspections and supervising lower level inspectors performing routine to moderately complex inspections of roadway and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with construction contract.
- May perform contract administrative duties such as field measurement of pay items as well as other Department required documentation.
- Work may include other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology and three years of progressive transportation technician experience; graduation from a two-year technical college with a degree in Civil Engineering Technology and six years of progressive transportation technician experience; or graduation from high school and eight years of progressive transportation technician experience as an employee or consultant for a State Highway Agency; or an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in highway construction.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematical functions, including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry related to highway/transportation engineering.
- Skill in the use of office equipment such as calculators and computers.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain such things as construction plans, contract provisions, specifications, and inspection procedures; ability to take notes and prepare or review report; good communicative ability; and supervisor ability to coordinate the activities of lower level employees and instruct them in proper work methods.
- Shall be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with Georgia Law.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."