Senior Civil Substation Engineer
Charlotte, NC 28202
- The Senior Civil Substation Engineer will provide technical design support and Quality Assurance checks for power delivery projects for distribution energy storage/micro grids consisting of substation civil engineering drawings and calculations within Grid Monitoring Control and Intelligence within Grid Solutions.
- Responsible for technical review and delivery of substation engineering design projects under the direction of Sr. team leaders.
- Review/update construction drawings and documents for high voltage substation projects meeting client standards and requirements.
- Travel to client sites as needed. (less than 25% travel is anticipated).
- Master’s degree in science or Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- 5 or more years of experience in the substation design field.
- Civil or Power Systems Engineering background.
- Substation Physical Electrical Design background.
- SCADA applications.
- Substation Grounding Analysis to include proficiency with CDEGS and WinIGS a plus.
- Proficiency with CAPE or Aspen a plus.
- Proficiency with CAD software (MicroStation and AutoCAD).
- Project scheduling.
- Financial management (Project budgets).
- Consulting experience.
- Construction experience.
- Experience in the utility industry
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Katie Howitt is a technical recruiter with over 3 years' experience connecting top talent to new employment opportunities in the power industry. Her best advice to candidates is to "ensures resumes are clear and concise." The best way to reach Katie is via phone or email.