Security Monitoring Analyst
Farmington, CT 06030
Data Based Development Systems is hiring a Security Monitoring Analyst
- Our customer located in Farmington, CT is looking for a Security Monitoring Analyst responsible for safeguarding the company's assets, intellectual property, and computer systems in support of the business objectives.
- The analyst will be responsible for detecting cyber-attacks, escalating or remediating as necessary and work among a team of skilled analysts to address complex or difficult problems.
- Consistent monitoring of data streams from several sources
- Constant monitoring of all in boxes to ensure emails are dealt with promptly
- Responding to identified threats efficiently to ensure all standard processes are followed
- Researching website information to determine if it is potentially malicious and recording the results
- Identifying activity anomalies in activity and determining if it is potentially malicious
- Escalating security incidents to parties responsible for remediation or additional analysis
- Following up on open items to ensure timely resolution
- Escalation of older tasks for attention and immediate resolution
- Writing of daily shift hand off email to team to communicate any open items that require action during the next shift
- Various projects, reports, and tasks as assigned
- Monitoring web-based application for continuous up time and escalation of any issues seen for resolution or investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related security discipline(s).
- 1-2 years of computer and network security experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (operating systems, IPS/IDS, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytic expertise – to include ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft and Unix-based operating systems
- Experience managing and tracking vulnerability cases
- Experience supporting network security investigations
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time. US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates at this time.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state of the art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.