Chandler, AZ US
The client is seeking experienced and motivated professional Project Scheduler, Construction, to join our project team in Chandler, AZ near Phoenix. Local Candidates Preferred.
- Develop the complete program master schedule process. This includes definition of the program master schedule, the process to develop, the process to manage and maintain, and the guidelines and requirements that each supplier working on the program must follow in the development and management of their individual construction schedules.
- Develop the program master schedule using P6 software.
- Develops and manages/maintains the Level 1, 2, and 3 milestones for the program schedule.
- Ensures the supplier schedules that support the program master schedule meet the program master schedule guidelines requirements.
- Defines and facilitates all update and forecasting meetings required to effectively manage the program master schedule.
- Performs schedule quality assessments on the program master schedule using DCMA or equivalent analysis tools and facilitates forum to address and correct all schedule quality issues.
- Use of Critical Path Method (CPM) evaluation and analysis to develop and evaluate schedule performance.
- Incorporation of the program WBS structure to ensure the program master schedule is integrated with the program scope/design and cost control systems.
- Develop and incorporate a resource loading strategy for the program master schedule
- Produces what-if scenarios, project risk analysis, manpower histograms, percent complete and pure logic diagram reports, and other scheduling reports as needed by the project manager.
- Provides supervision and technical direction to support staff.
- Interfaces with other construction departments and/or subcontractors to provide scheduling data for items, such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule and work problems.
- Interfaces and maintains liaison with project management, clients, subcontractors, etc., on all planning and scheduling related items and functions, including reporting requirements, progress status, and new impacts.
- Performs additional assignments from senior management.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) preferred
- 5+ years of scheduling experience for > $500M new build construction programs for industrial or manufacturing facilities. Semiconductor experience is preferred.
- Prefer additional experience in project management and project controls.
Knowledge and Skills
- Project experience, approximately 5 years on capital projects in a project controls role,
- minimum of 3 years in project scheduling strongly preferred
- Positive attitude toward scheduling and project work
- Working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6, version 17.7 or later
- Ability to effectively request, receive, evaluate, input, and report project status from and to various project stakeholders.
- Comfortable and able to work in schedule tool for majority of each work day.
- Able to summarize results, report project status in accurate, succinct manner
- Ability to receive instruction and perform basic and intermediate schedule duties on a regular basis
- Ability and willingness to learn on project and be part of a team.
- Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling theory
- Schedule forensic evaluation methods and tools: DCMA and Risk Evaluation (Monte Carlo type risk assessment tools)
- Proficiency in construction logic and sequencing.
- Familiarity with CPM and Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) fundamentals, ability to develop resource loaded schedule is preferred.
- Proficiency in project earned value applications and assessment
- Familiarity with construction production rates for primary commodities in large industrial buildings, including, but not limited to, demolition, excavation, steel construction, formwork, concrete placement, underground utilities, and industrial MEP system fit up.
- Proficiency in standard PC software and hardware, planning and scheduling software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties and to work as a team member on a number of project groups
- Ability to work under deadlines and coordinate several concurrent deadlines
- Ability to accept supervision and adjust to changes in work priorities as determined by altered priorities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Word and Excel
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.