Salesforce Commerce Cloud Architect
New Britain, CT US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
This position is fully remote within US, preferably EST time zone
Third party submissions and C2C will not be considered
SFCC Commerce Solution Architects are responsible for leading the design of the commerce solution, ensuring that the proposed architecture supports the business requirements across all processes. This involves leading discovery sessions with the client to understand their current state commerce processes, helping the product team to transform current state processes into future-state business requirements, translating those business requirements into a technical solution, and documenting that solution in the form of deliverables such as the Technical Design Document (TDD), ERD models, ecosystem and integration diagrams, and process flows.
As the project progresses into the Build phase, we expect our Solution Architects to continue to hone the detailed design of the solution, while mentoring the other project team members that are responsible for building the solution. The SFCC Solution Architect should provide timely feedback to team members and promote a culture of collaboration and leadership. At times, SFCC Solution Architects may also participate in the sales process to help scope and estimate complex implementations.
• Perform solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof of concepts for current and future projects
• Ensure solution is scalable and meets overall business requirements
• Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and System Integrators to drive eCommerce projects
• Be recognized as a functional expert in eCommerce domain
• Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable and meets customers' business requirements
• Provide mentorship and supervise developers
• Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities to ensure fulfill business requirements and solution is scalable, flexible
• Partner with the Service and Operations Leader to manage ongoing operational support for the eCommerce platforms using both internal and co-source resources.
• Serve as a liaison to the solution operations team(s) to document and facilitate successful implementation of solution
• Advise and create methods to improve technical solution processes
• Participates in defining the company unit's processes, standards, and policies. Translate business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams
• Influence and facilitate with ability to promote and describe eCommerce benefits, direction and capabilities
Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles, guardrails, standards, patterns and frameworks
• Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to recommend modern technology stacks to meet their goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use.
Demonstrates success and experience in the following areas:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with 7 years of relevant work experience in an agency environment or a brand
• 4 plus years of development experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (B2C) with a focus on backend development
• 4 plus years of experience working within Salesforce Reference Architecture and Demandware
• Ability to re-engineer and implement an improved SFCC (B2C) Business Manager interface
• Experience with front-end development technologies - HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery
• Strong experience in API's (SOAP/REST) including designing, developing, and consuming Salesforce APIs (REST, SOAP)
• Strong understanding of commerce processes including but not restricted to price adjustment, payment capture, fulfillment, inventory management
• Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid implementation methodologies.
• Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize Commerce business processes.
• Able to evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization and develop and delivery presentations that are appropriate for the audience.
• Firm and decisive, able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences and communicate unpopular decisions when necessary.
• Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front and back-end solution architecture, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
• Lifelong learner with genuine interest in new technologies and functionality, pushing the capabilities of existing technologies.
• Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to manage time efficiently and achieve maximum productivity.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.