SAP ABAP Developer
Glastonbury, CT US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Fully Remote within US, no 3rd party submissions, no C2C
We are seeking an experienced ABAP developer to join our team in support of our Aerospace client. This person would have knowledge of ABAP development and be self-driven and capable of working independently.
The ABAP development candidate will need to reverse engineer the existing application and document how it works and all points of contact. This application is an integral part of the cost tracking for tools and parts for the customer.
This individual will be working with IT resources, business resources and finance resources to understand and document the overall function of the application as well as document the processes from the business perspective.
Daily tasks include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and business process implementation.
- Provide application design guidance, based on a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Document application design and functionality
- Work w/business partners to understand importance & process of application and its touchpoints.
- Document processes and touchpoints w/detail for understanding
- Work with local IT & Finance to understand criticality of application.
- Document criticality and critical points within the process of application functionality
- Research areas for improvement
- Research areas for potential risk both in application and process
Experience Needed –
- 8-10 years’ experience as SAP ABAP Developer
- ABAP development and performance analysis, testing, issue analysis, debugging, execution, monitoring, and issue resolution
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills required.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting process design in ABAP.
- Understanding of SAP & Financial impacts of overall operations
- Experience in integrating with other SAP modules.
- Have developed in SAP ABAP for multiple end-to-end life cycle projects.
- Experience with industry standard ERP system implementations (waterfall and agile methodologies).
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business environments.
- Ability to lead technical teams or lead projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Management Information System, Information Technology, or related technical field with 10+ years’ experience. OR a master’s degree with 8+ years of related experience.
- U S. Citizenship required due to government contractual requirements.
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.