$21 per hour / $136 per day per diem (if eligible) San Diego, CA 92101
HKA is hiring Riggers in San Diego, CA. The job involves rig materials to lift, move and position material onto the ship or to move around the yard. Conveys instructions to crane operators and forklift drivers. Locates, loads/unloads materials and equipment on and off the ship and in and out of the yard. Tests and installs rigging equipment, such as cargo booms, elevators, boat davits, booms, and portable davits. Controls movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces. Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, braces and cushions according to weight, distribution, and size of load to be moved. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- $21 an hour and $136.00 per day per diem if eligible.
- 5 years’ experience at shipyards or five years’ experience as Boatswain Mate Second Class P.O. or above.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of all rigging equipment.
- Ability to test shipboard and yard equipment.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined places and to access and move around the ship safely.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a drug screen.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.