Revenue Specialist (Temporary)
Tucker, GA 30084
This is a 3-month temporary assignment
- The Revenue Specialist performs a variety of administrative and accounting duties to assist the town in implementing the business license and hospitality ordinances and the collection of revenues.
- Will oversee the issuance of Business Licenses, collection of excise taxes & Franchise Fees, process invoices, and perform audits.
- Will monitor financial transactions and prepare journal entries.
- Will run reports and analyze variances.
- Will investigate businesses for licensing compliance, perform telephone collection and clerical support work in the collection of delinquent accounts, fees, assessments and various tax revenues owed the City.
- Will support Administrative Assistants and Accounting Technicians
- Assists customers at the counter and on the telephone, answering inquiries, providing information, and explaining department policies and procedures pertaining to license fees and regulations
- Processes new business license applications, delinquent licenses, license renewals, and special county, regional, state and federal agency permits for designated businesses in accordance with established procedures; assists customers with the completion of forms; reviews applications for completion, accuracy, and compliance with department guidelines
- Coordinates approval of business licenses and special permits with management staff as necessary; makes recommendations to approve or deny applications
- Determines and calculates required fees for business licenses and special permits; prepares and issues receipts
- Maintains records, logs, and files; prepares summary reports; composes letters and other routine correspondence
- Associate degree required
- 2 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.