Houston, TX 77063
This is a direct hire position
- The Retro Commissioning Engineer performs technical activities on assigned design and retro commissioning projects including technical studies, investigations and designs.
- Assists the project team in the production of projects that are on time, within budget and of the utmost quality.
- Will provide assistance with analyses related to energy performance of buildings and systems and with the implementation of identified energy cost savings opportunities.
- Develops and implements energy efficient control strategies for district energy plants, HVAC system and etc.
- Implements controls programming by converting project requirements into computer program code.
- Develops Long Range plans for facility improvement and capital investment projects.
- Develops one line diagrams and schematic diagrams for various energy systems including: chilled water, electrical distribution, hot water, steam, condenser water, combined heat and power processes.
- Develops drawings for Building Automation Control Systems
- Reviews measurement and verification (M&V) plans in accordance with industry standards
- Analyzes building performance data collected via M&V activities and identifies any problems or opportunities from this data collected.
- Conducts site surveys, preliminary energy audits and project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes. Prepares punch lists and project observation reports.
- Oversees review of project submittal documents
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Architectural field with a four year ABET accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License or equivalent work experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) on path to earning Professional Engineer (PE) License will be considered.
- Programming experience with proficiency in multiple programming languages and knowledge of multiple controls providers preferred
- Knowledge and application of various energy codes and ASHRAE standards is preferred.
- CEM, CHFM, HFDP and LEED Accredited Professional Certification preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.