Berwick, LA 70342
- The Quality Technician will be responsible for supporting the QA program for the Company through excellence in review of product, component, service inspection, and supporting documentation.
- Supports incoming, in process and final product, components, services inspections verifications via review of supporting documentation to appropriate material standards to ensure requirements are met.
- Supports receiving activities (physical and electronic).
- Inspects final release of product after review of requirements (sales order, customer PO, drawings, BOM, router, etc.)
- Collects, reviews and delivers customer data packages in accordance with documented instructions.
- Participates in internal, supplier, customer and other third party audits.
- Interfaces with and hosts customers for inspection, document review, holds points or other agreed upon witness or hold points.
- Assists in maintenance control of Non Conforming Materials and supporting documentation.
- Assists in creation of Quality Information Records (QIRs) to authorize purchase of parts/services from approved suppliers.
- Supports the collection of supplier data (such as quality certificates) and review of metric/KPI data by various departments such as providing input on supplier quality performance to Materials group for AVL maintenance.
- Initiates, reviews and assists with Corrective and Preventive Actions. Conducts studies to determine cause, effect, and corrective measures required to remedy deviations from standards.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Processes quality records and updates databases as required.
- Assists Quality Manager with special projects.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 12 years of experience in the use of dimensional inspection, measuring and test equipment, documentation and traceability.
- Proficient with conventional hand tools such as micrometers and calipers preferred but not required.
- Proficient with fine (critical) measurement and interpretation of cause and effect of variations in measurements.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and Title 10 CFR Part 50 Appendix B requirements preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, and other technical/contractual documents such as purchase orders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under pressure.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Julian Clanton is a recruiter at HKA Enterprises. Julian's advice to job seekers is to "do your homework on the company, have good questions, and be yourself."