Quality Assurance Manager
Decatur, IL 62526
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
This is a direct hire position
- The Quality Assurance Manager will manage all Quality Assurance programs at the plant/pilot plant level to ensure compliance with company policies, governmental regulations, and industry best practices including cGMP and HACCP.
- Lead and manage Plant QA team including direct supervisory responsibility for 3 Lab Managers and one Food Safety Coordinator
- Maintain Quality and Food Safety programs, ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation and ensure that all new regulations (i.e., FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented in the plant
- Act as lead for all FDA food safety site inspections
- Manage HACCP assessments.
- Manage HACCP records and file maintenance
- Maintain plant document library for all Food Safety and Quality documents (i.e. product formulas, HACCP plans, plant food safety policies and SOPs)
- Execute training programs that support the Company’s objectives with regard to quality and food safety
- Facilitate the investigation of all customer quality complaints and process deviations related to food safety and OOS material.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Food Science, Microbiology, food process, chemistry or comparable required
- 5+ years of related Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing plant preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a people manager
- Formal HACCP and PSQI training is strongly preferred
- Certification in FSMA compliant food and feed Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) with proven ability to maintain HACCP plans, i.e. Certification as a Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Detailed knowledge and track record of successful implementation of food manufacturing policies and procedures (cGMP)
- Strong knowledge of Excel, WORD, PowerPoint and SAP Quality Management software programs
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong USDA, FDA, Kosher, Halal, customer and third party audit management experience
- Strong chemistry and microbiological background
- A working knowledge of computers and business software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook is required, a working knowledge of SAP Quality Module is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with GFSI Food Safety certification management preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.