Farmington, CT 06032
Data Based Development Systems is hiring QA Testers
Several QA testers are needed at our Farmington, CT customer.
The QA test position will help define scenarios, review/validate test plans, point out additional tests/scenarios that should be executed, as well as validate that the resulting test plans and results are appropriately documented.
The QA tester might need to manage multiple projects at the same time, some quite large, and provide metrics around testing as needed.
An understanding of HP Quality Center is a plus, must understand all aspects of QA testing.
This is a hands-on role.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of testing methodologies, tools, processes and lifecycle to enhance testing strategy and approach
- Create test plans and test case documents
- Review requirements, use cases, technical specifications and other documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be verified
- Develop checklists to support testing activities (e.g., Testing Readiness, Exit Criteria, user set up)
- Identify and create test data
- Manage the daily QA defect call.
- Aligning severity, documenting ‘target fix’ dates and resolving open questions
- Create traceability matrices and test results reports
- Create testing metrics and reports for project management to assess stability and status of all testing activities
- Support QA testing as needed
- 4+ years hands on executing QA testing
- Using quality test tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Experience in a large corporate environment understanding full project cycle testing with multiple developers and user groups.
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, listening and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time. US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates at this time.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state of the art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.