Public Works Maintenance Tech (CDL)
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
- The Tech will be responsible for water and sewer repairs to service lines and mains;
- Cleaning and unclogging
- Testing water quality, testing water pressure and flow rate, servicing and painting of fire hydrants as well as yearly flushing of hydrants.
- Televising of sewer laterals and mains.
- Installation of pipe fittings, pipe, and valves.
- Assist with use of vactor truck to include but not limited to installing suction tubes together and tearing them down, feeding jetter hose in line, and possibly operation of truck.
- The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements
- Operates and maintains equipment including but not limited to backhoe, aquatech, dump truck.
- Operates and maintains all equipment used in trench work for both excavating and back filling and equipment used for cleaning and clearing sewer lines.
- Installs new sewer lines such as service laterals, manhole cover and frame replacement.
- Performs repairs on any defective sewer lines.
- Performs daily and weekly preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Fills out complete work orders and field complaint forms as work is finished.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to follow detailed directions, complete task hazard awareness and mitigation, safely drive and back in congested areas and in severe weather conditions
- Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.
- Must have CDL
- Must be able to use gas powered and electric tools appropriately and effectively.
- Be able to use heavy machinery (back hoe, front end loader, etc.).
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.