Mobile, AL 36602
- The Project Scheduler is responsible for maintaining and analyzing the schedule for a vessel.
- Integrate all aspects of the program from Engineering, Material, Production, Sub-contracting, Testing, final acceptance, and delivery.
- Responsible for the creation of the Project Baseline Schedule by ensuring that all labor and material dollar activities are correctly scheduled, and resource loaded to create an Integrated Schedule.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the monthly BAR process for a project.
- Ensures that progress is accurately entered each week.
- Oversees the schedule health metrics to ensure schedule follows Government requirements.
- Responsible for review and analysis of manning requirements for their assigned project.
- Works with vessel Project Manager and Craft Management to provide schedule and manning information to manage the construction of the vessel.
- Responsible for the ongoing training of Production Control department scheduling personnel.
- High School or GED or a minimum of 5 years related experience in a related manufacturing industry preferred.
- College degree and shipbuilding industry experience preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years progressive experience or demonstrable ability (supporting Weekly and Monthly Reporting, supporting Weekly and Monthly Baseline Maintenance, leading the overall scheduling effort on a project to maintain and manage the project and experience with creating the Baseline Schedule) with Primavera scheduling software.
- A strong background in Earned Value Management (EVMS) and knowledge of the EIA-ANSI 748A standard to ensure overall schedule adherence, schedule effectiveness, and system compliance.
- Able to support the scheduling department in preparation of project Government meetings.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of planning/scheduling principles, practices, and techniques to ensure the effective use of Project Management tools.
- Familiarity with MILL 881 Handbook – WBS structure
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word and Excel)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Katie Howitt is a technical recruiter with over 3 years' experience connecting top talent to new employment opportunities in the power industry. Her best advice to candidates is to "ensures resumes are clear and concise." The best way to reach Katie is via phone or email.