Houston, TX 77041
- The Project Planner will be responsible for project planning duties including schedule development, schedule baselining, progress measurement set-up, schedule maintenance/progressing as well as schedule analysis/reporting to internal and external Stakeholders and Customers.
- Develops, coordinates and maintains integrated Project Schedules of major Work Packages including baseline schedule development, review and validation by project Stakeholders
- Ensures that the project’s priorities are clearly communicated to project management, engineering, manufacturing, and other functions within the Organization, the Project or the respective Work Packages
- Reviews and integrates subcontractor schedules and ensures compliance with project requirements
- Supports set up of the progress measurement and productivity reporting systems in accordance with established procedures
- Prepare the Work Package schedule for use in Pertmaster & participate in risk management for critical path components
- Participates in internal / external project meetings and provide inputs/recommendations for the timely completion of the project
- Development of project presentations and provide reporting information for both internal & external use (standard as well as customer specific reports) on an as required basis
- Prepares detailed analysis of the project’s critical and sub-critical paths incl. the development of schedule recovery plans as required
- Actively participate to the identification of project changes to the original scope & provide schedule impact information as required for the creation of Change Order Requests.
- Implementation and update of project schedules for approved Change Orders
- Mentoring / coaching of the junior planning staff
- Participates and assists in refining and updating of Integrated Planning Processes and procedures supporting execution as per best practices
- Implementation of lessons learned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 5+ years of project controls work experience (or equivalent) ideally in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous planning experience is required within a manufacturing/engineering/ project management environment.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Primavera, MS Project and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Pertmaster Risk Management Software and SAP is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and summarize information clearly and quickly
- Experience working internationally with other locations
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Basic leadership and negotiation skills are a plus.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Julian Clanton is a recruiter at HKA Enterprises. Julian's advice to job seekers is to "do your homework on the company, have good questions, and be yourself."