Saint Petersburg, FL 33705 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
**Hybrid- In office 2-3 days a week. Candidates can be local to St. Petersburg or Charlotte**
Project Manager I position has single point accountability or can be under general direction of a Project Director or Senior PM. PM-I position is responsible for management, or assisting management, of all phases of project planning and execution to ensure project success factors are met. These include but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
The position is typically assigned a portfolio of "White" or "Green" ranked projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Risk-Informed Project Ranking Process. Higher ranked projects with greater risk may also be assigned when accompanied with an Enhanced Support and Oversight Plan (ESOP).
The position is accountable for a portfolio of assigned projects with Low to Moderate levels of risk that impact various levels of the Company, Senior Management or External Agencies. PM-I's may be assigned projects with specific risk-informed requirements based on specific experience and skill sets.
PM-I's serve as unifying agents providing leadership, decision making, management, guidance, coordination, and control of overall projects in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of the Company.
This position will work closely with the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team to plan, estimate and deploy battery energy storage sites throughout clients service territory jurisdictions. This position will work closely with Transmission and Distribution field teams to complete battery site construction tasks and operationalize the battery systems. It is preferred that this candidate have experience or knowledge of utility scale battery technology, battery storage vendor products and systems, and electric utility operations.
The PM I will be responsible for managing one or more BESS and Microgrid Deployment Projects. The PM I will be responsible for the following activities:
- Create / Staff / Lead Project Team.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Leads coordination with other projects to align project outputs and ensure resource availability across all projects (ex: multiple Battery Storage Site Deployments, Battery Storage Control System deployments, etc.)
- Plan the project (s) assigned to, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project.
- Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes.
- This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
- Execute projects according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits.
- Includes development and management of objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
- Ensure all objectives of the project are met as defined in the project charter and as approved through the project gating process.
- Drives organizational change associated to grid energy storage deployment.
- Supports or leads business process development efforts, business operations standards, safety standards, etc. Remains atop energy storage industry developments and standards and best practices, as well as vendors in the market.
To successfully qualify, candidate must possess the following eligibility requirements:
- 5+ Years working experience within utilities or other technical industry
- 5+ Years working within a project execution environment
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in project management principles.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Ability to understand technical concepts
- Battery Energy Storage technology experience or knowledge
- Battery Energy Storage deployment experience or knowledge
- Battery Energy Storage vendor market
- Utility experience or knowledge
- General Construction Management knowledge
- Proficiency to expertise in project related Scheduling, Cost Controls,
- Contract Management and PMCoE or Grid Solutions project standards
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMP or CAPM Certification; CMII/Construction Certifications; Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry.
- Knowledge in construction management.
Minimum education requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."