Project Manager II 187917
Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
Lake Mary, FL (no relocation offered)
• This position has single point accountability or can possibly be under the general direction of a Project Director or Senior PM or Manager of Project Management. The Project Manager II (PM-II) position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
• This position typically is assigned to multiple projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix. These projects are typically between $5M and $50M with a Low to Moderate level of complexity which may impact the facility or department level within the Company as well as some Senior Management and/or External Agencies. The PM-II serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company. This position is considered a leadership position; minimum qualifications must be met to be placed within this position. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business need.
• Provides leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.). The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
• Structures, leads, and/or assists in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
• Drives the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes. This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
• Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• In addition to required degree, 5 years related work experience executing Transmission and/or Distribution projects.
• In lieu of Bachelor’s degree(s) AND 5 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 9 year(s) related work experience executing Transmission and/or Distribution projects.
• Master’s degree in project management or
• Master’s degree in business administration or
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience managing Transmission and Distribution Projects as Project Manager
• 5+ years of experience engineering, building, and/or maintaining Transmission systems
• Working knowledge and understanding of high voltage substation equipment, protection and control, SCADA, and transmission lines;
• Good knowledge of project cost management and reporting
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."