Project Manager II 187823
Charlotte, NC 28285 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Hybrid Schedule: local to Charlotte, NC required**
During normal operations 2-3 days per week will be onsite. Some of those days may be team meetings in Gastonia, NC, pre-construction meetings in the field, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- This position has single point accountability, or can possibly be under the general direction of a Project Director or Senior PM. The Project Manager II position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integrity.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the project profile matrix setting forth thresholds of both cost and complexity.
- These projects are typically between $5M and $50M with a low to moderate level of complexity which may impact the facility or department level within the Company as well as some Senior Management and/or External Agencies.
- The PM II serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of the Company.
- Individual has the authority to make significant choices and decisions without specific guidance or direction from the supervisor and must be proficient in comparing alternative courses of action and make a decision in the gray area after considering all options.
- Prefer the individual have qualifications in proficient experience in project management, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Would prefer the individual have project related work experience related to risk management, strong collaboration skills, oversight of field activity knowledge, construction management familiarity, proficiency in cost and scheduling, as well as general Distribution – Utility experience and knowledge.
- Job Description:
- Project Management within Distribution/Transmission projects (not IT or mere Construction Mgmt.)
- Nuclear or other utility based experience can be useful but candidate would need to be adaptable
- Engineering experience in either Electrical or Civil is preferable
- Work Management knowledge and tools is helpful (Maximo)
- Highly Motivated, Driven, Self-Starter
- Self-Aware of strengths and weaknesses
- Can communicate both written/verbally on multiple management levels
- Highly Collaborative working in a team setting
- project management experience along with technical and Distribution knowledge
- Minimum of 9 years of project management experience. Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in project management principles.
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMP or CAPM Certification; CMII/Construction Certifications; Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls. Experience in utility industry. Knowledge in construction management.
- The Project Manager II may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."