Project Manager 187579
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
- Local candidates only - please have location in resume or comment section. This assignment will require visits to the field.
- Duration: 24-months
- This position will be supporting Substation Optimization projects in the Carolinas East (Triangle South zone). Substation Optimization enables the client to build a better energy future for our customers by making smart investments to strengthen the distribution electrical grid. The company is a leader in building a carbon free future having announced zero net carbon emissions by 2050. The grid is a vital part of this, providing the platform to deliver and operate in the cleaner, greener, carbon free future.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Workers be required to drive Primarily in Raleigh/Durham areas. Candidate may have to attend meetings in Charlotte, Greensboro, and Asheville.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Proven Collaborative Team Member. Preferred
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Utility Technical Certifications Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification; CMII certificates; Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry.
- Knowledge in construction management.
- The Project Manager I may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).
If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving the client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving the client or any of its affiliates. NOTE: Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with the client oversight.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."