Project Manager 187548
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Create / Staff / Lead Project Team
- PM-I's provide leadership, oversight, delegation, and coordination with various internal and external organizations providing services to the project (Development, Engineering, Project Controls, Estimating, Construction Management, Supply Chain, Legal, EHS, QA/QC, Operations, Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, Regulatory, Security, Fuels, Transmission, etc.).
- PM-I's guide matrixed members of the team daily. They interface with functional leaders of matrixed team members regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain communications among project/programs stakeholders
- Structure, lead, or assist in project related meetings to ensure open communication between team members, key stakeholders, and management.
- Prepare, communicate or report monthly project status, kickoff meetings, weekly and monthly required communication.
- Assure Project Plans and appropriate reporting means are developed and communicated according to PMCoE Standards and
- Business Unit implementing procedures. Effectively communicate with appropriate management/governance team.
- Plan assigned project(s) including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspects
- Champion the process of project planning including scope and work definition, estimating, schedule formation, monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, turnover to operations, warranty management, and integration processes as applicable.
- Execute projects according to plans within approved scope, cost and schedule constraints
- Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
- Associates Degree and 2+ years of prior work related experience
- Or, HS/GED and 5+ years work related experience in lieu of a degree
- 4 Year Degree
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification; CMII certificates; Professional Engineer License
- Utility Experience; Construction Management knowledge; Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving
- Project related work experience
- Risk Management, Project Leadership, Proven Collaborative Team Member
- Utility Experience, Construction Management knowledge
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."