Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for system design and engineering of capital projects involving water and wastewater treatment systems based on UF membrane technology.
- Will interface on a daily basis with other engineering group personnel (Drafting, Technical Writing, PLC programming, Electrical Design and Process Engineering) as well as support disciplines (Procurement, Quality, Field Services, Aftermarket Sales) to engineer a technically excellent project on time and under budget.
- Provide engineering design, equipment specification, procurement, and installation and commissioning support for water and wastewater treatment capital projects.
- Engineer technical aspects of capital projects including scope, specification, vendor bid management and project cost estimation.
- Manage project engineering through startup, operator training, procedure development, managing budgets, and contractor work.
- Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams, mechanical detail drawings, process flow drawings, various engineering calculations (pressure drop, heat load, pump size, pipe size).
- Support preparation of operations and maintenance manual and treatment plant troubleshooting.
- Work closely with field personnel to troubleshoot process issues and implement corrective action/process improvements.
- Assure process changes are properly implemented, including written procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings, safety improvements and schedule improvements.
- Support, understand and comply with safety, health and environmental regulations and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field; Engineering preferred.
- 2+ years of project engineering experience preferably in water and wastewater treatment.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot equipment and processes.
- Strong working knowledge of purified water and wastewater treatment systems a strong positive but not required.
- Experience with specification and selection of rotating equipment such as pumps, blowers, and compressors is required.
- Working knowledge of ASME Code a plus.
- Experience with automated process control preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency required. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Experience with LEAN methodology a plus.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively with a strong sense of project ownership in a team environment is a requirement.
- Up to 15% travel may be required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Director of Recruiting
Anne Cleveland is the Director of Recruiting at HKA Enterprises. She specializes in recruiting for the pharmaceutical and power industries. Anne's advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up your online application with a quick phone call, text, or email directly to the recruiter listed on the job posting." The best way to reach Anne is via text or email.