Project Engineer 188422
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 US
- Interacts with “customer” groups to establish and define requirements for assigned facility, utility, packaging, and manufacturing projects.
- Develops conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
- Assists project managers with the preparation of Capital Project Appropriation requests (CPAs) for assigned projects.
- Develops “Request for Proposal” documents for design services, construction services and major equipment items as appropriate.
- Specifies and/or issues RFP’s (Request for Purchase) for purchases major equipment items as required for proper implementation of assigned projects.
- Completes assigned projects by starting-up and checking-out all new equipment and systems, inspecting construction, developing and ensuring complete resolution of “punch list” items.
- Arranges for training of involved maintenance and operating personnel.
- Ensures project compliance with applicable PGM standards and best practices.
- Provides validation Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) documentation for assigned project as applicable.
- Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and engineering technology.
- Provides technical expertise in support of capital projects.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in the engineering technologies and their application.
- Researches and Develops potential new technical solutions related to site projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of engineering and/or project management experience.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- PMP Certification or PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical / FDA-regulated manufacturing environment. A working knowledge of cGMP and facility/equipment validation requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the client values and leader behaviors.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and administer estimates, budgets, schedules, and apply resources to accomplish projects on schedule. Ability to manage multiple priorities and a successful track record of managing capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the client organization.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.