Project Cost Analyst 187800
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
***This is a Hybrid position with Some travel to downtown Raleigh office or Wilmington’s Operation Center. The position is hybrid and requires occasional face-to-face meetings as needed. the regions where the work is being executed will be required, limited to the Carolinas.
This position will serve as a Cost Analyst on the Projects Control Team for the Customer Delivery (distribution) organization for the client's focused on projects that will strengthen and improve the electric grid. This position can either be based out of the client’s downtown Raleigh office or Wilmington’s Operation Center. The position is hybrid and requires occasional face-to-face meetings as needed.
- This individual will be expected to work with a small team of Project Controls Analysts and Schedulers.
- This position will perform cost analysis, forecasting and reporting for a portfolio of projects budgeted anywhere from $10M to $20M annual spend, comparing monthly actuals to the project baseline, identifying variances, while simultaneously monitoring the projects’ baseline plans and the fiscal budget.
- This position will work in partnership with a more experienced Project Controls lead.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Bachelor's Degree in either Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field.
- This work will require advanced Excel skills because all cost workbooks and reporting are based in Excel.
- A basic understanding of budgets, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, amortization, allocations are a critical knowledge requirement.
- The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the proven ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases or systems.
- Proven ability to analyze data is required.
- Experience working in a PMO environment or on a project controls team is not required but is a plus.
- Exposure to energy-related projects not required but a plus.
- Some travel to the regions where the work is being executed will be required, limited to theCarolinas.
- Contract is for one year, although the work ismulti-year and potential long term opportunity.
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers Vendors.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."