Project Controls Specialist II 188601
Charlotte, NC 28202 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
****Creating, controlling, modifying P6.
This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of scheduling, change documentation, and cost control. The Project Controls Specialist II (PCS-II) is a critical position as part of a project team and will conduct both schedule and cost functions. This position supports Project Managers and possibly Senior Project Controls Specialists on varying size projects. Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments. The position is considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience. It requires working knowledge to proficient use, understanding and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools (Primavera P6 and MS Excel).
• Generate Periodic Project Controls Reports. Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly project controls reports. Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating, and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting. Responsible for distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
• Perform Change Control. Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and cost baseline. Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
• Project Controls Benchmarking and Self-Assessment Initiatives. Assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self-assessment initiatives relevant to project controls and the types of projects typically managed by the project controls group. Identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices and counter measures to address gaps in performance.
• Expertise in Project Controls Methodologies. Develops and maintains WBS, project schedules, and cost estimates; tracks and trends cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost or schedule) and/or any reports associated with project controls. Tracks and reports project status, performs variance, and earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project.
• Create and Maintain Project Estimate. Work with Estimator(s) to create or create project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management. Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope. Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle.
• Effective Team Participation. The PCS is responsible for maintaining effective relationships with customers, supports the resolution of quality issues and completes assignments (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc.) as negotiated. Displays proficiency in conflict resolution and reaching win-win outcomes among team members.
• Associates Degree in Engineering OR
• Associates Degree in Project Management OR
• Associates Degree in Finance OR
• Associates Degree in Business AND
• 2 years minimum required related experience
• In Lieu of Degree, High School / GED AND 5 years minimum required related experience
• Proficiency in the navigation and use of Oracle’s Primavera P6 scheduling tool
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
• Highly engaged self-starter, identifying problems and offering possible solutions and taking appropriate action for resolution
• 4-year degree – Construction Management, Business, Project Management, Engineering, or equivalent
• Experience using software such as Business Objects, MS Office Suite, Visio, Power Plan and Maximo
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Certified Associate of Project Management
• Project Management Professional Certification
• Working knowledge/proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, and spreadsheets
• Transmission Project Controls, Management or Construction Experience
• Experience working with a Regulated Utility Company, Coal Fired Generating Plants, or large complex engineering and construction programs or project in fixed price and/or T&M environment a plus
• Program or project Risk Program Control experience
• Demonstrated experience with schedule integration of multiple projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing, integrating, trending, and forecasting schedule information for projects
• Demonstrated knowledge and usage of earned value techniques
• Proven collaborative team member
• Understanding of the PMCoE project lifecycle
• Database and Reporting experience
• Previous experience with EcoSys
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."