Project Controls Specialist (II)
Southport, NC 28461
- The PCS II performs complex aspects of scheduling, individual project estimating, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level.
- Supports Project Managers and Project Directors on projects and programs of varying size and complexity
- Development / Generate Periodic Project Controls Reporting
- Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline
- Oversee Project Controls Benchmarking and Self- Assessment Initiatives
- Assist the work integration team with online and outage schedule development
- Provide scheduling support for outage vertical and horizontal reviews
- Provide support to the work integration team for work control T-week reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, technical, or equivalent and 5 + year of prior work-related experience or 9 + years of prior work-related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s degree in business, Finance, Project Management, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP)
- Project Integration Scheduling and Scope Change Management experience
- Experience with Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera P6, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, Peoplesoft
- Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications and analytics
- Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis Previous Experience with PRISM software environment
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."