Project Controls Specialist (I)
Raleigh, NC 27601
- The Project Controls Specialist analyzes past and present financial data of organization and estimates future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance.
- Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Interprets budgets to management.
- May act as consultant to management on financial policies, procedures, and applications.
- May assist business partners in developing budget and efficient use of funds.
- Will be responsible for routine aspects of project control assignments with close supervision.
- Unit level resource allocation/loading
- Monitor the progress of staff toward completion of assigned activities
- Coordinate with Project Managers and schedulers to review proposed changes to project schedules
- An associate degree in business, finance, project management, engineering, engineering technology, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, project management, engineering, engineering technology, or equivalent preferred.
- A PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of basic project controls principles.
- Must be able to show examples of project related work or school experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls concepts.
- Must have working knowledge of computer applications such as Scheduling Software, Financial Tools, Spreadsheets.
- Experience with software such as MS Project, Primavera, MS Office Suite, Powerplan, and PeopleSoft is a plus.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."