Production Support 188062
Simpsonville, SC 29681 US
Shift: 4pm-12am M-F
Responsible for assisting in the racking barrier and non-barrier tubing at optimum output and yield meeting or exceeding departmental goals and internal and external customers’ expectations. Communicate effectively to relieving operators and mezzanine attendants when there are changes to production orders and quality concerns.
- Perform quality inspections and adhere to standard operating conditions and standard operating procedures to ensure correct formulations are being produced and labeled properly on racks.
- Troubleshoot winders (tape width, buildup, cores, and splices) and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintain quality control by monitoring the racks for various visual quality defects such as edge creases, voids, gels, scratches and all other visual characteristics.
- Ensure accurate label and weight of tubing.
- Properly identify material being produced on winders.
- Remove rolls from winders and move to conveyor.
- Actively participates in the High Performance Work Teams while taking on a resource roles for one of the responsible areas: Quality, Customer Service, Human Resources, EHS/PFS, Lean/20 Keys, Process Improvement, TPM and Training.
- As a team member meeting continuous improvement objectives and ensuring the successful communication and performance of the teams are required and perform all duties as directed by management.
- Has no formal managerial responsibility, but may provide guidance to colleagues (e.g., provides coaching, assigns work, provides input into hiring decisions and evaluating performance).
- HS Diploma required, 0-3 years experience.
- Ability to read tape measures.
- Ability to work with Quality Control, Shipping and Warehouse personnel to ensure accuracy and product deliverance.
- Assist with needed maintenance repairs and report non-functioning equipment.
- Computer knowledge and 1-2 years of Windows applications experience preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.