Production Planning Specialist
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring a Production Planning Specialist
- The Production Planner will be the focal point for the execution of daily activities to deliver high quality, highly engineered development and production hardware on-time to its customers.
- Will be responsible for the timely performance of various manufacturing tasks ranging from requirements planning through the shipment of deliverables in support of NASA and DoD Programs.
- Interface with cross-functional IPD to ensure schedules are adhered to with proper sense of urgency to achieve customer delivery requirements
- Monitor production schedules and advance materials through assembly and test operations
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with the execution of production plans
- Release production orders, compile historical build folders, and assemble hardware kits in support of 100% on-time starts
- Coordinate the utilization of outside processes and the shipment of hardware to customers
- Conduct root cause analysis when goals are not met and initiate corresponding corrective actions
- Initiate and support process improvement initiatives
- Associate’s /Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering disciplines preferred
- Experience in Planning, Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations, or a related field
- Strong planning and organization skills with ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Manage daily tasks and come back with solid results / solutions
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups
- Knowledge of ACE and/or Lean Six Sigma is encouraged.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email