Production Engineer 187859
Newnan, GA 30265 US
This is a Direct Hire opportunity
• Assists in the engineering concepts in the development of new and repaired turbine, compressor, and combustor components
• Apply CI tools and concepts on product/process subsystems or manufacturing systems
• Optimize the production process, product design using a robust lean problem-solving methodology, with quantifiable impact to business metrics
• Develop KPIs to effectively manage process and product outcomes
• Utilize project management skills to lead assigned projects/programs to successful completion considering technical, budgetary, manpower and schedule requirements
• Collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop component designs and repairs, which meet site, client and customer requirements for cost, performance, and durability.
• Engage with the other engineers at the site to collaborate on projects and development of robust solutions impacting site operational and financial performance, utilizing CI tools; positively impacting the end customer
• Assist in making technical decisions on product/process design and provide definition to the team to ensure mutual success.
• Owns technical aspects of assigned components and or processes from initial concept through all manufacturing stages.
• Identify, develop and implement tooling/equipment improvements. Troubleshoot process/production problems and implement actions/solutions, monitor sustainability of actions and report out results.
• Prepare accurate written technical reports, specifications, procedures and manuals
• Prepare and deliver presentations of work to all levels of external and internal customers
• Trains less experienced technical staff
• Work in a lab and field environments.
BS Engineering in a general Mechanical Engineering, Materials discipline, or related engineering subject
• Familiar with gas turbine design and manufacturing methodologies
• Understanding of various measuring techniques including CMM, white-light/laser scanning, gages
• Familiar with principal mechanical engineering and materials concepts.
• Interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing specifications
• Knowledge of generic airworthiness protocols and standards
• Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, CI and 6 sigma methodology
• Working knowledge of quality systems and documentation management.
• Working knowledge of program management tools and skill set
• Thoughtful and effective communications skills
• Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Previous experience as a mid-level member of a technical team supporting the development of technical solutions for product development/production support and the ability to support improvement of assigned process/product maturity
• Proven ability to technically support delivery of projects while interfacing effectively with other technical team members and other functions within a matrix organizational structure.
• Proven experience of supporting delivery through process design, best practices, and technology projects of at least $100 k
• Proven experience of problem-solving moderate level technical and production issues to resolution.
• Typically, 2 to 4 years’ experience in Aerospace or Industrial gas turbine engine engineering (design, manufacture, or repair), achieving progressively increasing responsibility and results
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.