Process Engineer 187869
Newnan, GA 30265 US
The Joining Process Engineer owns all facets of welding, brazing, and heat treat processes including equipment acquisition training, production support, corrective action, continuous improvement, compliance and participate actively in the corporate community of practice group. The Joining Process engineer will develop new techniques, tools, methods, and equipment upgrades to improve the maturity of their process as they work to meet the goals and metrics of the business.
Additionally, the Process Engineer will provide technical support for production, address manufacturing issues, disposition non-conforming product, perform root cause corrective action to prevent future issues, and support peers on NPI programs requiring any of the joining processes used in our plant. As the owner of the joining process, the engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining a variety of documents for production processes, participate in yield improvement / rework reduction projects, and development of new methods.
• Apply CI tools and concepts on product/process subsystems or manufacturing systems.
• Optimize the production process, product design using a robust lean problem-solving methodology, with quantifiable impact to business metrics.
• Develop KPIs to effectively manage process and product outcomes.
• Utilize project management skills to lead assigned projects/programs to successful completion considering technical, budgetary, manpower and schedule requirements.
• Own technical aspects of assigned components and or processes from initial concept through all manufacturing stages.
• Identify, develop, and implement tooling/equipment improvements. Troubleshoot process/production problems and implement actions/solutions, monitor sustainability of actions, and report out results.
• Prepare accurate written technical reports, specifications, procedures, and manuals.
Education & Experience
If you have 3 or more years in a fast paced, collaborative welding or other joining process engineer role
• BS Engineering (Mechanical, Welding, Metallurgical, or Aerospace)
• Proficiency with CAD software (Siemens NX preferred)
• Knowledge of gas turbine design methodologies yielding cost effective, producible design
• Project management
• Experience in industrial specifications
• Knowledge of gas turbine component manufacturing or repair processes
• Knowledge of various measuring techniques including CMM, gages, metallurgical inspection, and analysis.
• Electron Beam welding
• Heat treat
• Vacuum furnace brazing
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.