Federal Cost Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
- The Accountant will be responsible for appropriate application of the GES cost analysis process on sales pursuits to win work for the company.
- Works collaboratively with cost volume lead and proposal team members in preparation of high-quality cost models, automated cost forms, and cost narratives, when appropriate; advocating necessary improvements and ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and all relevant forms, representations, certifications, and applicable cost disclosure statement.
- Supports the development of pricing using RFP-provided information/estimates, pricing model, proposal structure, and pricing strategy for a variety of contract vehicles (e.g., Labor Hour, Cost Plus, Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price).
- Complies with regional Estimating System policy, providing suggestions/recommendations for improvement.
- Understands and applies guidance/direction contained in: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth-in-Negotiation Act (TINA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and DCMA and DCAA auditing principles.
- Supports analysis of alternative scenarios for competitive and compliant pricing.
- Proofs and edits cost narrative documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participates in cost review meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate.
- Coordinates production of Excel-based cost forms (printing, copying, verifying).
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety, and BeyondZero program to promote an incident and injury free culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of 12 years.
- Must understand the cost analysis process.
- Experience with the preparation of successful price proposals (e.g., Labor Hour, Cost Plus, Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price) is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable) with a strong business background
- Must be willing and able to travel, work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance necessary for position.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."