Power Distribution Designer
Maitland, FL US
Pay based on experience
Duties, Responsibilities & Other:
Experience in performing standard electric distributions system design for a major electric utility company. Work experience should include extension, improvement, relocation and removal of facilities requiring the application of published standards and calculations using computer aided designs and drafting methods in conjunction with Smallworld based GIS systems. Must have previous experience working in an environment which required shifting responsibilities in order to accommodate the current work load requirements.
Must possess general electrical theory principles and basic engineering concepts. Working knowledge of primary and secondary distribution systems.
The ability to read utility plans and records. Must be able to interface in clients work management system and other design programs. Must possess the ability to effectively prioritize, based on the customer’s needs. Must possess the ability to strive in a TEAM environment. Must possess the ability to openly communicate at a very high level. Must possess strong computer skills. Must possess strong organizational skills. Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Bachelors degree preferred. AA in engineering technology or drafting required.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Customer service experience required
- Expert Designer, SmallWorld, MyWorld, Maximo, GIS
- Distribution Line construction experience highly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Understands field safety and takes immediate action to report issues.
- Understands Company and applicable OSHA Safety Standards
- Proficient in field data collection and processing in the required format and location.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively interact with customers/clients.
- Proficient in client-specific computer program
- Lighting, DOT, Major Projects OH and UG, subdivision, and others
- Demonstrated ability to teach design and project management for more complex projects.
- Demonstrated leadership in continuous improvement of entire design staff
- QA role, DA storm logistics, develop training materials, work with clients to collaborate on system improvement
- Develop understanding of the PM role and assist as requested
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.