Post Delivery Technical Assistant
National City, CA 91950
- The Technical Assistant provides administrative and technical support to operations so that production effectively and efficiently meets production standards.
- Efficiently track all daily and weekly production progress for Earned Value Management System (EVMS) regulations.
- Update and compile all department metrics.
- Record and maintain department processes and corresponding documentation.
- Ensure the schedule is updated and turned in on time to department leadership.
- Produce weekly metrics based on production progress.
- Create weekly CPI reports for Managers and Foremen.
- Assist project and engineering teams with metrics development and tracking.
- Analyze Empower data to accurately evaluate EVMS metrics in relation to the execution delivery order and project budgets.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in mischarges and Actuals with No Status received quickly and accurately.
- Create material requisitions. Coordinate ongoing fit-out of facility and facility maintenance including serving as main point of contact for corresponding subcontractors.
- Maintain planning letter records and documents for all vessels during availabilities.
- Develop and maintain structured data files for assigned vessels during availability.
- Develop and maintain Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) files and balance sheet for all vessels during availability.
- Assist in orienting newly placed employees with facility and systems used.
- Share systems operation expertise with others in department as needed/requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years related experience.
- Shipbuilding industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude.
- Production schedule systems, Primavera o PDF Writer o AUTOCAD
- Basic knowledge and understanding of EVMS and performance measurement techniques preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision.
- Must be willing to develop other team member’s systems skills.
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.