Plant Maintenance Technician II
San Leandro, CA 94577
- The Plant Maintenance Technician will perform general and preventative maintenance services and related repairs to PCC foundry buildings, structures, machinery and equipment.
- Perform assigned general maintenance duties required to maintain and repair campus buildings, structures, machinery and equipment, involving some skill in carpentry, plumbing, painting and/or the electrical or mechanical trades.
- Assure that jobs specified on maintenance requests and work orders are completed satisfactorily.
- Refer work requiring more specialized or skilled crafts to appropriate trades supervisor and follow-up to completion.
- Assist in periodic inspections of buildings and structures.
- Maintain tools and equipment required for maintenance tasks and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Make emergency repairs within area of knowledge and responsibility.
- Maintain required records of hours/materials expended for each job.
- Inspect machinery in operation to assure proper functioning, including checking pressures and temperatures as required.
- Other minor duties may be assigned.
- A trade school degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the building trades, or combination of training and experience equal to four years.
- Working knowledge of two or more trades and mechanical aptitude as required by department.
- Knowledge and ability to operate tools of the trade.
- Willingness to learn new skills and methods.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license if required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.