Planner III 189658
Cincinnati, OH 45203 US
**Full time, hybrid, 2-3 days/week in office**
*Mileage and travel expenses will be covered by approval in advance*
*Some OT, prior approval based*
The work this person will perform is crucial to having experience and understanding the construction-sequence/length of time installation takes, etc.
This position reports to the Supervisor of Outage Coordination and supports the Project Management Development Team in developing Outage Sequences for construction project work. The Planner is responsible for assisting the Development PM with developing work plans for the execution of capital work. The Planner also works closely with the Work Management Planner and resources within Transmission Project Management for the execution of capital work. This requires first-hand knowledge of Construction activities or the ability to draw on resources within Construction to gain that knowledge. The position must possess good organization and collaboration skills for working in team environments to produce excellent outage plans and scoping estimates. This position supports the development of construction work plans to support annual programs ranging from $150M - $300M annually (capital and O&M, approximate). In addition, this position continually supports changes in these plans to align with changing funding requirements, and to align plans to execute the highest priority work.
The Planner will develop work packages to include:
- Scope of work required
- Accurate estimate of hours required to perform job
- Plan for any mobile equipment needs
- Project job durations for outage purposes
- Provide any sketches, digital pictures or drawings needed
- Provide any Safety or Environmental information
- Understand lead time risks for materials
- Produce construction estimates for durations and man hours required for construction projects Planners participate in Development planning meetings to provide input for outage requirements.
- Assist Development Project Manager in developing a work package for execution of capital project work.
- Clarifies project scope, develops construction outage plan, identifies potential obstacles to completing the project and identifies clearance requirements.
- Additionally, the Planner coordinates transmission clearances with Grid Management, ECC and DCC when there are load issues with project coordination the Planner assist in resolving and re-sequencing the work considering any customer sensitivities.
- Assist with emergency planning, clearance requests and hot line tag requests.
- Travel to work location(s) to develop project outage requirements, attend scoping meetings and perform walk down of job sites.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."