Piping Engineer (6)
Long Beach, CA 90810
- The Piping Engineer will be responsible for technical direction of piping engineering discipline for a program or projects.
- Assigns and schedules work and is responsible for the progress and quality of deliverables of a team.
- Will be responsible for staff management and staffing mobilization/demobilization, including performance evaluations, training, interviewing and determining staff assignments at the program or project level
- Will perform initial project planning in regard to project scope, design basis, effort hour budget, staffing requirements, deliverables and execution procedure.
- Develop and/or participate in Client Meetings and Project Design Reviews
- Keeping an accurate piping engineering staffing plan with a 4-week forecast for the assigned program or project.
- Monitor the progress for all piping engineering activities in regard to budget, schedule, and staffing and report results to Project Management and Department Management.
- Ensure the deliverable verification process, and that all deliverables are issued according to schedule.
- Participate in weekly project discipline team meetings.
- Ensure all program piping engineering team members are working according to safety guidelines, and that all have successfully completed project specific safety training.
- Responsible for Program and Project Audits
- Ensure that Change Management processes are followed
- Provide technical direction to all assigned piping engineering staff and know when subject matter experts must be involved into the process
- E. Registration is highly preferred
- Must have Piping Stress and Piping Materials experience both.
- Must have Caesar II experience
- Refining experience is highly desirable
- Must possess strong working knowledge of SmartPlant Review, NavisWorks, and Microsoft Office Suite
- 8-hour RSO training is required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.