San Diego, CA US
HKA Construction Services is now hiring Pipefitters for a shipyard located in San Diego, CA. All Applicants are required to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a 1st Class Pipefitter.
$28.00/Hr & $160.00 Per Diem per day
Local to the area $40.00/Hr.
Installs and maintains ships’ piping systems such as steam, heat and power, hot water, hydraulic, air pressure, and oil lines following blueprints, layouts and work orders and using hand tools and shop machines. Plans layout of pipe sections, cuts and bores holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of pipes. Operates shop machines to cut and thread pipe and pipe fittings, including valves, traps and thermostats. Bends pipe to specified shape bolts on pipe-bending fixtures, bolts or welds brackets to support pipe systems. Connects pipes to fixtures such as heat exchangers, laundry and galley equipment, pumps, tanks and other ship equipment. Repairs, packs and adjusts valves. Tests installed systems for leaks and to ensure that system meets specifications. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Essential Job Task:
- Read and understand blueprints and spool sheets for application to assign task
- Set up work area with appropriate tools and materials in shop or on board ship.
- Cut, bend, weld, braze, grind, and/or burn pipes to fit and connect for ship board installation.
- Install and/or remove pipe.
- Inspect and tag out piping systems; air tests tanks/voids; hydrostatically test the piping system and equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned relevant to the trade.
Submit a detailed resume for review.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.