Pharma Construction Capital Procurement Manager
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 US
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Experience: >8 years
Education: Engineering, Supply Chain/Procurement, Business, or related field.
- Lead all commercial activities in the procurement of major capital projects from end-to-end, market engagement, bidding process, contract negotiation, and award.
- Ensuring Procurement Practices and Policies are followed by all suppliers in the process including the Design and Construction Management providers as well as the Construction Management Subcontractors.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to leverage from existing procurement plans within the local, regional, or global network and implement the agreed strategy to achieve most efficient delivery and best value for the project.
- Engage and work with key vendors for procurement of Equipment (Process, Utility, HVAC, Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Engage and work with the project’s CM services provider to implement and execute a procurement plan for procurement of Construction subcontracts.
- Facilitate and support claim/dispute resolution with Contractors and Equipment Suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements when preparing Contracts, SOW’s and Purchase Orders.
- Develop and use measurable goals to track & communicate financial and schedule progress
- The ideal candidate will have experience in major capital projects in the Life Sciences Arena and ideally in the Drug Substance space, and possess a strong working knowledge of Construction Management, Engineering, manufacturing equipment and Project execution.
- We are seeking experienced individuals with extensive knowledge and experience of delivering procurement events from end-to-end including strategy, market engagement, bidding, negotiation, and contract award.
- The candidate will be a strong negotiator (develop negotiation plans, strategic options, risk analysis, and supplier conditioning).
- The candidate will be results driven and have strong commercial acumen, knowledge of the main suppliers/players in the marketplace and industry practices and trends.
- The candidate will be resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.