PCB Layout Designer 188177
Farmington, CT 06032 US
Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer
• Comply with company standards and standard work and policies
• Work on new designs as well as maintaining and updating old designs
• Setup PCB Layout criteria per the electrical engineer’s requirements, i.e., board outline, part placement, mounting arrangement, layer strategy and understand the design goals, requirements and constraints
• Perform DFM checks to maintain manufacturability
• Work with mechanical designers on controller assembly packaging by providing 3D models from the Allegro tools
• Collaborate and contribute value to engineering design reviews
• Provide all required fabrication and assembly files per company standards
• Interact with our contract manufacturers on any board related issues that occur
• Testing of future ECAD tool releases
• Improve and update PCB design standards
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Engineering Services
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Experience designing for power electronics, analog signal processing, high speed communication, A/D and D/A boards
• Knowledgeable in routing for mixed signals, high voltage, or high current PCBs
• Basic understanding of signal integrity issues, crosstalk, coupling etc.
• Demonstrate an ability to interpret basic design intent from schematics
• Knowledge of PCB design best practices and IPC design standards
• Proficiency with Cadence Allegro version 17.4 ECAD tools
• Working knowledge of all types of electronic components, and electronic circuits theory
• Critical thinker with ability to systematically approach and solve problems.
• Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, agile thinker, who excels at working collaboratively in a team environment
• Highly effective communicator
• Proficiency using personal computers/workstations and Microsoft Office applications.
• Degree in Electronics Technology or related field
• Certified IPC Designer, CID, CID+
• Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-7351, IPC-2221, etc
• Thorough knowledge of PCB manufacturing processes and limitations. This position may be able to be performed for the right candidate.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email