San Diego, CA US
NOW HIRING – Outside Machinist
$28/Hr. - $160.00 Per Diem per workday.
Installs, maintains, and repairs ship's propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems. Installs, repairs, and maintains ship's fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators, and valves. Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications. Installs and tests various shop equipment. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Minimum five years of experience in a related field,
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written instructions/ technical manuals.
- Must read have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must be capable assembling/ installing complex mechanical systems, while meeting alignment criteria of systems and equipment.
- Proficient in use of precision measurement tools.
- Must understand both Imperial and Metric measuring systems.
- Must have shop mathematic skills, with understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and work with decimals and fractions.
- Must maintain constant safety awareness.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and portable machining tools.
- Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to the trade.
- Must successfully pass a background, drug & alcohol test
- OSHA10 Hour Maritime Certificate - OSHA Course of Certification will be provided to qualifying candidates
- Must have or be eligible to get a DBIDS(Defense Biometric Identification)
Submit a detailed resume for review
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.