Operator in Training 188054
Sardis, GA 30456 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/ wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification at a level required by the State in which the project is located obtained within a year
- Prefer one year of experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants, but not required
- Possess a valid driver’s license - driving is required.
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.