Offset Press Operator 188025
Torrance, CA 90501 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Under general supervision, the offset press operator is responsible for preparing, operating, and maintaining Client owned four-color and two-color offset printing presses.
- Produces offset presswork in compliance with job specifications, time requirements, and set ink to receive color match approvals
- Perform all make-ready tasks such as making and hanging plates, check plates/blanket for imperfections, adjusting packing pressure, tension and registration etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work
- Perform maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly) according to the press manual
- Perform quality control every 500 sheets, checking color consistency, dust/ hickey, etc
- Delivers requested jobs within established timeframes
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor
- Minimum of 3 years as a Pressman and/or 5 years Experience on Heidelberg Speed Master and Halm Jet Press
- High School Diploma or comparable work experience
- Must have previous experience with four-color and two-color offset printing presses
- Knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and Blair, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops)
- Able to meet physical demands
- Routine operational maintenance
- Good customer service skills, professional attitude and appearance a must
- Good communication skills, written, read and verbal
- Physical activity required includes frequent bending, reaching, lifting, and standing; able to stand for 8+ hours or more
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.