Windsor, CT 06095
- The Inspector will be responsible for performing and interpreting various non-destructive tests as a Level II Inspector for FPI and MPI (RT, UT, ET if available) on gas turbine engine components to determine material flaws and discontinuities.
- Create sub-routers as appropriate for rework operations.
- Will work from process travelers and instructions and perform Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI) and Magnetic Particle Inspection as non-destructive means of locating and determining the severity of surface discontinuities in aircraft parts.
- Prioritize testing schedules to ensure timely processing of parts for production.
- Review test orders to determine type of test required, test procedures, and part acceptability criteria.
- Apply proper agents such as cleaners, penetrants and developers, etc. to parts to prepare for testing.
- Follow prescribed procedures for non-destructive testing.
- Make adjustments and modifications to testing equipment to meet required specifications in engine manuals, ensuring proper and accurate testing of parts.
- Set-up test equipment selecting proper setting according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment and related variables.
- Run test panel to assure reliability of test and check to see that all testing equipment is in working condition.
- Ensure all gauging and measuring equipment is properly calibrated.
- Record all information in logbook.
- Perform testing operations following specified procedures outline in manuals, identifying and marking discontinuities.
- Interpret result of various test performed against the acceptance criteria specified in overhaul manual or other approved data.
- Accept or reject parts based on specified criteria.
- Create a sub-router determining appropriate repairs defined in manuals.
- Route part through necessary rework and re-inspection cycles as required.
- Complete all required paperwork, records and sign offs.
- Ensure part is delivered to next operations.
- Participate in special investigations, team audits and process report for corrective action.
- Develop and specify techniques for special operations required.
- Develop new techniques and processes for testing where no procedures exist.
- Interface with engineers, supervisor and operators, as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area.
- Perform all other similar or related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience.
- Must have knowledge and use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and the division of numbers including decimals and fractions; simple use of manuals, specifications, use of adjustable measuring instruments where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge.
- English language skills required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.